I have been getting quite a few enquiries regarding Manual Lymphatic Drainage post-liposuction, So I thought I would do a quick Blog to answer some of the most common questions.
Frequently asked questions regarding Manual Lymphatic Drainage post-liposuction.
- How soon after liposuction can I start MLD?
- – You can start sessions as little as 5 days after liposuction, the sooner the better.
- How many sessions will I need?
- – You will need 2-3 sessions per week for 3-4 weeks. Each case is individual.
- What is MLD and why is it good post-liposuction?
-MLD is a specialized massage technique that is recommended by surgeons after liposuction to accelerate the recuperation time. MLD works well after liposuction because stroking the areas of the body that process the lymph fluid and the lymph nodes causes the fluid to drain. Without MLD or self-post massage, there is a risk that swelling and inflammation can turn into fibrosis or scar tissue. If you or a friend recently had liposuction and need MLD or more information please call me on 0404742958. You can also share this post to help educate anyone thinking of having a liposuction procedure.